Monday, January 11, 2016

Origins

Discussing one's own origins can in many ways be vague or confusing. For starters, the definition of "origin" could vary from person to person. It could be where your from, your families lineage, personal awakenings, or even the creation of your ideals.  Putting a strict definition on one's beginning seems a moot point. In discussing my own origins, I believe it is only fair to include the many facets that have built me up from the beginning.

My familial origin is a long list of many european countries and descents but overall, I am German. The country and culture of Germany has led my family through the years, and I continue to take inspiration from this. The fairytales and dreamy concepts which have come out of the German culture throughout the years are a driving force behind my own work.

I have had many influences on my work throughout my life. Family, friends, and loved ones make up a large part of that list. Artistically, though, I find myself most influenced by those who show exception creative expression. Historically, I take a lot of inspiration from fairytales and exciting romantic stories. It's Shakespeare, Poe, the Brothers Grimm. In current media, I find a lot of inspiration in concept artists and story tellers. They vary from medium to medium, but each has that key element of exciting storytelling.

My ideology is overall an optimistic open minded one. I believe that one should be fair and loving, to a degree, of everyone around them. I truly believe that everyone should be treated fairly and that we should try to extend ourselves to be the best version of ourselves. This can be hard, and has many exceptions, but I believe as a general thought it is not a bad set of ideals to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment